Focusing primarily on printmedia, this program is designed for artists, designers, and working professionals interested in developing or retooling their visual communication skills and for those wishing to build portfolios for application to graphic design degree programs. Adults will work with analog and digital processes to realize their graphic design concepts and create unique, personalized projects for their final portfolios.
Requirements include 10 studio courses and two electives. The average length of time to complete the Graphic Design certificate is two years.
Prerequisite: Students are required to have basic proficiency with Mac OS X.
Studio Courses (10)
- Approaching Design
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Introduction to Typography
- Digital Design: Adobe Illustrator
- Digital Design: Adobe Photoshop
- Digital Design: Adobe InDesign
- Color Theory for Designers
- Graphic Design Studio 1: Process and Product
- Graphic Design Studio 2: Layout Projects
- Graphic Design Studio 3: Portfolio Prep
Reflecting the degree program's interdisciplinary approach to an art and design education, all Adult Continuing Education courses are eligible electives for all certificate programs.